- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
What's happening today 8/2/09
Neal E. Boyd comes to Barnes & Noble
Neal E. Boyd, Sikeston, Mo., native and winner of last year's "America's Got Talent," will sign copies of his new CD "My American Dream" from 1 to 4 p.m. at Barnes & Noble Booksellers.
SEMO Iris Society holds annual auction and sale
Stock up on garden essentials at the auction and sale. Browse the dollar table at 1 p.m. The auction begins at 2 p.m. at the University of Missouri Extension Center in Jackson.
Sing Out For Hunger benefits food pantry
A free concert will be held to benefit the Jackson Ministerial Alliance food pantry. Local talent performing will include Awakening, Christy Shinn, Beth St. John, Jeremy Verhines, Jeff Hankins and Jordan Cox. A Love Offering or can food donation is welcome at the concert at 6 p.m. at CrossRoads Fellowship Church in Jackson.
87th annual family reunion planned in Jackson
Members of the Criddle, Stroder, Davenport and Moore families will gather at noon at the Jackson Knights of Columbus lower hall. A potluck dinner will be served. All friends and family are encouraged to attend.
Cannon Park holds open house
Cannon Park will hold an open house for all ages. The park will have free train rides through the woods, an animal petting zoo and more from 1 to 4 p.m. one mile east of Chaffee, Mo., on Route A.
Bollinger County Singing Convention meets today
The Bollinger County Singing Convention is a monthly meeting, usually on the first Sunday of each month, hosted by various churches in Bollinger County for community members to join in praise and worship. Bring song books and instruments. Singing will be from 2 to 4 p.m. at Calvary Temple Church in Marble Hill, Mo.