- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
What's happening today 8/2/09
Neal E. Boyd comes to Barnes & Noble
Neal E. Boyd, Sikeston, Mo., native and winner of last year's "America's Got Talent," will sign copies of his new CD "My American Dream" from 1 to 4 p.m. at Barnes & Noble Booksellers.
SEMO Iris Society holds annual auction and sale
Stock up on garden essentials at the auction and sale. Browse the dollar table at 1 p.m. The auction begins at 2 p.m. at the University of Missouri Extension Center in Jackson.
Sing Out For Hunger benefits food pantry
A free concert will be held to benefit the Jackson Ministerial Alliance food pantry. Local talent performing will include Awakening, Christy Shinn, Beth St. John, Jeremy Verhines, Jeff Hankins and Jordan Cox. A Love Offering or can food donation is welcome at the concert at 6 p.m. at CrossRoads Fellowship Church in Jackson.
87th annual family reunion planned in Jackson
Members of the Criddle, Stroder, Davenport and Moore families will gather at noon at the Jackson Knights of Columbus lower hall. A potluck dinner will be served. All friends and family are encouraged to attend.
Cannon Park holds open house
Cannon Park will hold an open house for all ages. The park will have free train rides through the woods, an animal petting zoo and more from 1 to 4 p.m. one mile east of Chaffee, Mo., on Route A.
Bollinger County Singing Convention meets today
The Bollinger County Singing Convention is a monthly meeting, usually on the first Sunday of each month, hosted by various churches in Bollinger County for community members to join in praise and worship. Bring song books and instruments. Singing will be from 2 to 4 p.m. at Calvary Temple Church in Marble Hill, Mo.