- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Local Environmental Group Invites Artists to Enter Logo Contest
Area artists are being asked to think green and help design a logo for the Southeast Missouri Climate Protection Initiative.
The organization has partnered with The Arts Council of Southeast Missouri to coordinate the logo design competition.
A decal featuring the winning logo design will be used to recognize companies participating in SEMO CPI's Local Businesses Go Green program. Currently more than 25 area businesses are recognized for their recycling efforts through this program.
While there is no monetary prize associated with the contest, the winner will be recognized through a new release, on both the Arts Council and SEMO CPI websites and have their logo design appear on a variety of promotional materials including websites, letterhead, t-shirts, reusable canvas grocery bags, window decals and more.
The Southeast Missouri Climate Protection Initiative is a non-partisan community organization dedicated to promoting activities that reduce the release of greenhouse gases into the environment.
A panel of three judges will select the winning logo design. This group includes Jill Wicks of SEMO CPI, Craig Thomas of the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, and Deb Tracy of the Cape Girardeau City Council.
Logo designs must be submitted via email to the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 30 in either PDF or JPEG format. All designs must have attached an entry form available online at http://www.capearts.org/files/PDFs/CPI_Logo_Entry.pdf
For more information, people may also call The Arts Council at 573-334-9233.
Logo Design Requirements include:
Must reflect goals and vision of SEMO CPI
Must include name: SEMO CPI
Must include website: cstl.semo.edu/semocpi/
Must use black, white and one other color only