- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Local Environmental Group Invites Artists to Enter Logo Contest
Area artists are being asked to think green and help design a logo for the Southeast Missouri Climate Protection Initiative.
The organization has partnered with The Arts Council of Southeast Missouri to coordinate the logo design competition.
A decal featuring the winning logo design will be used to recognize companies participating in SEMO CPI's Local Businesses Go Green program. Currently more than 25 area businesses are recognized for their recycling efforts through this program.
While there is no monetary prize associated with the contest, the winner will be recognized through a new release, on both the Arts Council and SEMO CPI websites and have their logo design appear on a variety of promotional materials including websites, letterhead, t-shirts, reusable canvas grocery bags, window decals and more.
The Southeast Missouri Climate Protection Initiative is a non-partisan community organization dedicated to promoting activities that reduce the release of greenhouse gases into the environment.
A panel of three judges will select the winning logo design. This group includes Jill Wicks of SEMO CPI, Craig Thomas of the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, and Deb Tracy of the Cape Girardeau City Council.
Logo designs must be submitted via email to the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, email@example.com, by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 30 in either PDF or JPEG format. All designs must have attached an entry form available online at http://www.capearts.org/files/PDFs/CPI_L...
For more information, people may also call The Arts Council at 573-334-9233.
Logo Design Requirements include:
Must reflect goals and vision of SEMO CPI
Must include name: SEMO CPI
Must include website: cstl.semo.edu/semocpi/
Must use black, white and one other color only