- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Local Environmental Group Invites Artists to Enter Logo Contest
Area artists are being asked to think green and help design a logo for the Southeast Missouri Climate Protection Initiative.
The organization has partnered with The Arts Council of Southeast Missouri to coordinate the logo design competition.
A decal featuring the winning logo design will be used to recognize companies participating in SEMO CPI's Local Businesses Go Green program. Currently more than 25 area businesses are recognized for their recycling efforts through this program.
While there is no monetary prize associated with the contest, the winner will be recognized through a new release, on both the Arts Council and SEMO CPI websites and have their logo design appear on a variety of promotional materials including websites, letterhead, t-shirts, reusable canvas grocery bags, window decals and more.
The Southeast Missouri Climate Protection Initiative is a non-partisan community organization dedicated to promoting activities that reduce the release of greenhouse gases into the environment.
A panel of three judges will select the winning logo design. This group includes Jill Wicks of SEMO CPI, Craig Thomas of the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, and Deb Tracy of the Cape Girardeau City Council.
Logo designs must be submitted via email to the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, email@example.com, by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 30 in either PDF or JPEG format. All designs must have attached an entry form available online at http://www.capearts.org/files/PDFs/CPI_Logo_Entry.pdf
For more information, people may also call The Arts Council at 573-334-9233.
Logo Design Requirements include:
Must reflect goals and vision of SEMO CPI
Must include name: SEMO CPI
Must include website: cstl.semo.edu/semocpi/
Must use black, white and one other color only