- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
7 p.m. Monday
Cape Girardeau City Hall
* A public hearing regarding the request of Jason S. Coalter for a special-use permit for purposes of operating a marketing business at 232 Good Hope Street in an R-4, multifamily residential district.
* A public hearing regarding the property tax rates proposed to be set by the city of Cape Girardeau for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2009, and the real property tax rate proposed to be set for the Special Business District No. 2 for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2009.
* Bill No. 09-126, an ordinance amending Section 2-96 of the city code relating to the Girardeau Goes Green Advisory Board. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance approving a settlement agreement and a binding unilateral agreement with Southwestern Bell Telephone Co. and related entities relating to payment of business license taxes. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Section 18-5 of the city code relating to camping on public property. First reading.
* An ordinance appropriating monies for operating expenditures and capital expenditures from the Convention and Tourism Fund for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2010, in Cape Girardeau. First reading.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Jason S. Coalter for the purpose of maintaining and operating a marketing business at 232 Good Hope St. in Cape Girardeau. First Reading.
* An ordinance amending the boundaries of Wards 4 and 6 to include properties annexed by the city of Cape Girardeau. First reading.
* An ordinance providing for the levying of the annual city revenue tax; public health tax; Special Business District No. 2 tax; for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2010. First reading.
* A motion accepting into the city's water supply system the raw water supply wells and authorizing final payment to Layne-Western in the amount of $32,110.43.