- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
* Jessie Hahn of Cape Girardeau and Gabe Ford and Lucas Schenimann of Jackson each received a scholarship on behalf of the Mike Frazier Memorial Scholarship Fund. Hahn and Ford will be attending Missouri Science and Technology in Rolla, Mo., and Schenimann will be attending Arkansas State University in Jonesboro, Ark.
* Laura Felter and Kimberly Jennings of Benton, Mo., and Caroline Murray of Sikeston, Mo., received the Scott County Women in Agriculture College Scholarships. Felter plans to attend the University of Missouri in Columbia, Jennings plans to attend Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, Mo., and Murray plans to attend the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
The following students received scholarships to attend Southeast Missouri State University for the 2009-2010 academic year:
* Cory M. Schlosser of Scott City recieved an ACES and a MAP scholarship.
* Madelyn A. Kiefer of Chaffee, Mo., received a Missouri leadership award, an ACES Scholarship and a MAP Scholarship.
* Jamie R. Hillier of Cape Girardeau received an ACES Scholarship.
* Trenton Davis of Cape Girardeau, Lana M. Sikes of Scott City and Jennifer Woodall of Oak Ridge received a GED Scholarship.
* Kristi M. Meier of Jackson received a Missouri Leadership Award.
* Ross H. Freeman of Cape Girardeau received a MAP Scholarship.
-- From staff reports