- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jesse Harold Dunlap, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, July 29, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born March 10, 1924, in Cape Girardeau, son of Jesse Everett and Virginia Willeford Dunlap. He and Norma Margaret Chezem were married Aug. 13, 1973, in Jackson. She preceded him in death Nov. 5, 2000.
Jesse worked in the construction business in Cape Girardeau all his life. He also worked at M.E. Leming Lumber Co. He retired in 1975.
Survivors include a son, Wesley O. (Beverly) Dunlap of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren, Christi L. Dunlap and Shana R. King of Jackson, Taryn B. Schweain of Cape Girardeau, Dylan W. Dunlap of Chaffee, Mo.; four great-grandchildren, Kylie S. Dunlap, Elijah N. King and Jonah C. King, all of Jackson, and Josiah D. Schweain of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents, and a son, Daniel Wade Dunlap, in June 1995.
Funeral service was private, with burial in Lorimier Cemetery.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.