- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BENTON, Mo. -- Raymond Charles Scherer, 67, of Benton died Saturday, Feb. 5, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 24, 1937, at Benton, son of John and Bertha Enderle Scherer. He was a farmer and a member of St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton.
He and Olevia "Libby" Tucker were married Nov. 8, 1958, in Dutchtown.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Anthony Scherer of Benton; two daughters, Diane Scherer of Cape Girardeau, Cheryl Scherer of Benton; four brothers, Vernon Scherer of Benton, Paul and Mark Scherer, both of Cape Girardeau, Robert Scherer of Venice, Fla.; two sisters, Drusilla Felter and Louise Burger, both of Benton; and a stepgrandchild.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton. Parish prayers will be at 7:30 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Denis Catholic church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery.