- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
McCLURE, Ill. -- Virtie Mae Newell Abercrombie, 90, of McClure, formerly of Tamms, Ill., died Saturday, Feb. 5, 2005, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 1, 1914, in Alexander County, Ill., daughter of James and Gertrude Story Warren.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary Tinsley of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her first husband, Henry Lee Newell in 1962; second husband, Chester Abercrombie; a daughter; and a son.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dee Hazelwood officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery in rural Dongola, Ill.