- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Thresa I. Halter, 87, of Chaffee died Wednesday, July 29, 2009, at her home.
She was born July 1, 1922, in Scott County, Mo., daughter of Leo and Josephine Hoefler Tucker. She and Andy L. Halter were married May 17, 1941. He preceded her in death Jan. 22, 2005.
Halter was a housekeeper at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of Chaffee VFW Ladies Auxiliary Post 3127.
Survivors include a son, Andy (Mary Ann) Halter Jr. of Sikeston, Mo.; a daughter, Judy (Bill) Tankersley of Delta; six grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; four great-stepgrandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Mike Halter; four brothers; and four sisters.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Saturday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Rev. Patrick Tankersley officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens in Morley, Mo.