- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Dorothy M. Thompson, 93, of Perryville died Monday, July 27, 2009, at Perry Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation in Perryville.
She was born Dec. 20, 1915, in Longtown, Mo., daughter of Charles and Clara Thieret Springer. She and Martin R. "Pete" Thompson were married March 25, 1933. He preceded her in death June 17, 1986.
Survivors include a daughter, Marilyn Kassel of St. Louis; two granddaughters, Michelle Kassel of Cape Girardeau, Lisa (Steve) Bailey of Perryville; five great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Thompson was a housewife. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, Ladies Aid and garden club. She was an avid golfer and bridge player.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; all her siblings; a son-in law, Harry Kassel; and a grandson, Kent Kassel.
Memorials are preferred to Crown Hospice or Immanuel Lutheran School.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Perryville.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Young and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.