- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ESSEX, Mo. -- Carrol Sifford, 69, of rural Essex departed this life Tuesday, July 28, 2009, at his home.
He was born Aug. 23, 1939, near Essex, son of Elsie Frailey Sifford and the late Edward Luther Sifford. He and Connie Odom were married Dec. 8, 1967, near Essex.
Mr. Sifford was a member of Broadwater Church of the Brethren near Essex. He was a former machinist at Missouri Dry Dock in Cape Girardeau.
He is survived by his wife; a daughter, Rhonda Laminack of Essex; two grandchildren, Amy Michelle Phelan and Josie Stanley; his mother of Malden, Mo.; and a sister, Marian Thiessen of Dexter, Mo.
A graveside memorial service will be conducted at a later date.
Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home of Dexter is in charge of arrangements.