- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
FREDERICKTOWN, Mo. -- Geraldine Laird Abbott, 87, of Fredericktown died Thursday, Feb. 3, 2005, at Stockhoff Nursing Home.
She was born June 7, 1917, at Gordonville, daughter of Purve and Myrtle Jones. She and Omer Abbott were married Nov. 27, 1935, in Cape Girardeau County.
Abbott was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Fredericktown. She was formerly of Millersville.
Survivors include a son, Willard Abbott of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; a sister, Euldine McWilliams of Fredericktown; two grandsons; and two great-granddaughters.
She was preceded in death by her husband, four brothers and a sister.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at Follis and Sons Funeral Home, with Steve Sanders officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.