- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Technology boosts economy
The recent expansion of the 3G broadband wireless network into this area is phenomenal. Now I can share videos and photos with friends, watch a movie or check the latest sports scores faster than ever. Investment in technology will help drive economic growth and ensure that Missouri has the necessary infrastructure for commerce, quality of life and education.
The state legislature plays a very important role in setting policy that makes Missouri attractive to new business and helping existing businesses expand. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of state Sen. Jason Crowell and state Rep. Clint Tracy, this area of Missouri is reaping the benefits of good public policy.
JOSH ABRAMS, Cape Girardeau