- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Technology boosts economy
The recent expansion of the 3G broadband wireless network into this area is phenomenal. Now I can share videos and photos with friends, watch a movie or check the latest sports scores faster than ever. Investment in technology will help drive economic growth and ensure that Missouri has the necessary infrastructure for commerce, quality of life and education.
The state legislature plays a very important role in setting policy that makes Missouri attractive to new business and helping existing businesses expand. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of state Sen. Jason Crowell and state Rep. Clint Tracy, this area of Missouri is reaping the benefits of good public policy.
JOSH ABRAMS, Cape Girardeau