- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Advance teen thrown from motorcycle, sustains moderate injuries
ADVANCE, Mo. - A Sunday evening motorcycle accident left an Advance teen with moderate injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, a 14-year-old male from Advance was driving his 1980 Honda 185 motorcycle westbound on County Road 310 .5 miles north of Route O when it hit a hole. The 13-year-old male passenger was then thrown from the vehicle around 5:40 p.m.
The driver did not sustain any injuries but the 13-year-old was taken by air evac to St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. The motorcycle did not sustain any damage.