- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Stella Louise Baxter, 74, of Marble Hill passed away Thursday, July 23, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 8, 1935, near Marble Hill, daughter of Charles Lester and Lillian Clack Harris. She married Russell Moyers on June 1, 1953. Later she married James E. Baxter, who died in 1988.
Baxter retired from factory work, having been employed at Brown Shoe Factory in Fredericktown, Mo., Paramount Hat Co. in Marble Hill and several other firms.
She is survived by nine children, sons Stephen and Jimmy Moyers of Marble Hill, Webb Moyers of Piedmont, Mo., Rusty P. Moyers of Wappapello, Mo., Lannie Harris of Cape Girardeau; daughters Beverly Filer and Darlene Moyers of Marble Hill, Geneva Bangert of Sedgewickville, Mo., and Colette Wright of Troy, Mo.; two brothers, Thomas and Charles Harris; a sister, Elvira Moyers, all of Piedmont; an aunt, Mae Webb of Marble Hill; 20 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
A brother and sister preceded her in death.
Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill, with the Rev. Bill McCormick officiating. Burial will be in Lessley Ridge Cemetery.