- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BETHALTO, Ill. -- Janet S. York, 55, of Bethalto passed away Wednesday, July 22, 2009.
She was born July 21, 1954, in Advance, Mo., daughter of Roy and Caroline Parker Schiwitz. She and Richard D. "Gus" York were married Dec. 25, 1972, in Rockford, Ill. He preceded her in death March 30, 1998.
York was a police clerk with Wood River, Ill., Police Department 20 years.
Survivors include her parents of West Plains, Mo.; a son, Adam R. York and fiancee Amie Dulay of St. Louis; a brother and sister-in-law, Dale and Joan Schiwitz of St. Charles, Mo.; a sister and brother-in-law, Marcella and Kevin Dalton of Huntley, Ill.; and several nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Paynic Home for Funerals in East Alton, Ill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Dr. Larry Lacher officiating. Burial will be in Woodland Hill Cemetery in East Alton.
Memorials may be made to Wood River Police Association.