- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Gerecke - 50 years
ALTENBURG, Mo. -- Harold and Doris Gerecke of Altenburg celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a renewal of vow July 5, 2009, at Concordia Lutheran Church in Frohna, Mo.
The Rev. Rod Benkendorf performed the ceremony. Organist was Lynn Mueller.
The couple was married July 5, 1959, at Concordia Church with the Revs. Bickel and Hafner officiating.
Participating in the celebration were maid of honor, VeLoyce Schmidt of Santa Barbara, Calif.; bridesmaid, Marilyn Dobbelare of Perryville, Mo.; best man, Robert Popp of Crystal Lake, Ill.; groomsman, Loyd Birk of Jackson; flower girl, Marla Hamlin of Chesterfield, Mo.; and ringbearer, Steve Turner of Exton, Pa.
Soloist was Lois Popp of Crystal Lake. Betty Smith of Millersville attended the guest book at the wedding and at the celebration.
Attendants unable to attend were bridesmaid, Shirley Kuehn of Mukwonago, Wis., and groomsman, Verlin Dreyer of Altenburg.
The Gereckes have three children, David (Heather) Gerecke of San Antonio, Texas, Walter (Pamela) Gerecke of Tacoma, Wash., and Rebecca (Patrick) Chapman of Imperial, Mo. They have five grandchildren, all of whom attended the event.