- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Gladys Elder, 86, of Perryville died Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2005, at Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born Dec. 24, 1918, at Perryville, daughter of Joseph and Thelma Kitchen Brewer. She and Russell A. Elder were married Jan. 29, 1938. He died Oct. 26, 1973.
Elder was a former seamstress. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Daughters of Isabella, Cursillo and Missouri Extension Club.
Survivors include three daughters, Cynthia Wilson and Virginia Meister of Perryville, JoAnn Moore of Fenton, Mo.; a son, Tom Elder of Perryville; 11 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a twin brother and a half sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday. The parish wake will be at 6 p.m. Friday. The rosary will be recited at 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent's Church, with the Rev. Bill Thess officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.