- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Lorene "Pete" Becker, 83, of Fruitland died Monday, Jan. 31, 2005, at her home.
She was born Nov. 8, 1921, in Crystal City, Mo., daughter of John and Marie Peerman Harmon. She and Archie Edward Becker were married July 15, 1943, in Hillsboro, Mo. He died March 15, 1979.
Becker worked a number of years at Pittsburg Glass in Festus, Mo. She moved to Jackson in 1961 from Pevely, Mo., and had been a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church since that time.
Survivors include three sons, Jim and Dan Becker of Jackson, Victor "Rick" Becker of Marble Hill, Mo.; two sisters, Rhoda Olegar of Wentzville, Mo., Cora Revelle of Pevely; 11 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by six brothers and two sisters.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson, with the Rev. David Johnson officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.