- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dorothy L. Thorne, 85, of Jackson died Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2005, at Jackson Manor.
She was born Dec. 21, 1919, at Lilbourn, Mo., daughter of Charles "Charlie" and Allie Evans. She and Orval C. Thorne were married Sept. 19, 1936. He died Feb. 8, 1986.
Formerly of Patton, Thorne moved to Jackson in the early 1980s, and had resided at Jackson Manor the past eight years.
Loving survivors include a son, Jerry Thorne of Jackson; a daughter and son-in-law, Geneva and the Rev. Lee Hammel of Monroe, N.C.; 10 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by a son, Orval R. Thorne, and two brothers.
A graveside service will be held Friday at 1 p.m. at Essex Cemetery in Essex, Mo. The Rev. Hammel will officiate.
McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to Southeast Hospice.