- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ellen Louise Penrod Felts, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2005, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born April 7, 1915, in Dongola, Ill., daughter of Daniel and Ella Mowery Penrod. She and John Paul Felts were married in 1934 in Marion, Ill. He died in 1976.
Mrs. Felts had worked at Singer Sewing Machine Co., and was a member of St. Andrew Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Kay Felts Eifert of Cape Girardeau; a granddaughter, Tammy Eifert of Louisville, Ky.; and two great-grandchildren, Trent and Taylor Billings of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by four brothers, seven sisters and a grandchild.
Graveside service will be held at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Friendship Cemetery in Dongola, with the Rev. Dare Aden officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.