- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
NEW HAMBURG, Mo. -- Marie Ellen Kern, 78, of New Hamburg died Monday, July 20, 2009, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
She was born April 3, 1931, in New Hamburg, to Pete and Cecelia LeGrand Morie. She married Elmer Frank Kern on June 27,1953, in New Hamburg. He died Sept. 13, 1996.
Marie was a homemaker, a member of St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg and its St. Ann's Sodality.
Survivors include two sons, Danny (Debbie) Kern and Randy (Theresa) Kern of New Hamburg; 10 grandchildren, Kimberly (Rob) Glessner, Julie (Mike) Enos, Kyle, Jon-Erick, Brittany, Brandi, Nicole, Ashley, Casey and Cody Kern; and three great-grandchildren, Gabbie Enos, Alex Glessner and Kade Wilson.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton, Mo. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Lawrence Church, with the Rev. Michael Casteel as celebrant. Burial will be in St. Lawrence Cemetery.