- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Lowell "John" Green, 84, of Bloomfield passed away Tuesday, July 21, 2009, at Golden Living Center in Bloomfield.
He was born Oct. 13, 1924, in Fairview, Mo., son of Clarence Alvin and Nellie Creed Green. He and Alberta Alleen Fowler were married Jan. 11, 1947, in Piggott, Ark.
Green was a retired distributor with Chrisman Oil. He attended First General Baptist Church and was a lifetime member of Amvets, both in Bloomfield.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters and sons-in-law, Marilyn and David Jackson of Dudley, Mo., Joyce and Melvin Potillo of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren and spouses, Mike and Tiffany Potillo of Las Vegas, Julie and Matt Richardson of Bloomfield, Erin and Larry Brown of Dexter, Mo.; five great-grandchildren, Alexandra, Tres, Gracen, Kale and Sophia; three sisters and a brother-in-law, Mona Evans of Puxico, Mo., Ernestine Button and Sterling and Ethel Blue of St. Louis; two sisters-in-law, Hilda Green of Bloomfield, Norma Gisi of Dexter; other relatives and many friends.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Vern Green.
Friends may call after 11 a.m. Thursday at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kevin Eskew officiating. Interment will be in West Pleasant Valley Cemetery near Bloomfield.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.watkinsfuneralhome.com.