- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Community Q&A 2/3/05
* Name: Sara Scheper
* Lives in: Jackson
* Family: Mother, Barb; sister, Raegan.
* Job: Program director for Girl Scouts of Otahki Council.
* What do you like most about the area? The people and the outdoor opportunities available to hike, bike, camp and ride horses.
* Favorite food: Chicken chimichanga from El Torero.
* Favorite TV show: "Survivor."
* Best advice: Be prepared for anything and incorporate play into each day.
* What would you do if you won the lottery? I would designate money for Girl Scout Camp Cherokee Ridge for repairs and capital improvement projects. I would also provide camperships to girls who can't afford to go to camp, so they can have the same opportunities I've had. If there was anything left, I would travel abroad.
* Pet peeve: People who don't follow through with what they said they were going to do.