- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Former Memphis Tigers, Grizzlies player shot
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Memphis officials say former Grizzlies point guard Antonio Burks has been injured in a shooting and is in critical condition following surgery.
Police say the 29-year-old Burks was shot in the lower torso. Police say he underwent surgery at the Regional Medical Center at Memphis Monday evening and was returned to surgery at about 10 p.m. CDT because of internal bleeding. Memphis police told The Commercial Appeal that three men pulled up to a house where Burks and four other men were outside. Police say the three robbed the five men, then shot Burks and another man, whose injuries weren't critical. Police have made no arrests. Burks also played college ball at Memphis, leading the Tigers to the second round of the NCAA tournament as a senior in 2002-2003.
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com