- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
TAMMS, Ill. -- Gerald "Sonny" Tinsley, 66, of Tamms died at 5:17 a.m. Sunday, July 19, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 12, 1943, in Cairo, Ill., to Asa and Jewell (Phillips) Tinsley.
He was a member of Unity Baptist Church. He was a farmer and enjoyed hunting and fishing. He loved riding horses, going to the Kozy Corner and watching TV.
He is survived by his mother, Jewell Tinsley of Tamms; two uncles, Stanley Phillips and Eugene (Jeanette) Phillips, all of Tamms; several cousins; other relatives; and friends.
He was preceded in death by his father, Asa Tinsley; two infant sisters; his paternal grandparents, Frank and Cora Tinsley; and maternal grandparents, Ruth and Everett Phillips.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Brother Raymond McAfee officiating. Interment will be in McCrite Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to McCrite Cemetery and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.