- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Rudy Albert Niemeier, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, July 20, 2009, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 13, 1915, in Cape Girardeau to Gustav W. and Linda R. Graden Niemeier.
He and Lorene Marie Haman were married Aug. 16, 1942, in Cape Girardeau. She died Aug. 21, 1996.
Mr. Niemeier and his family operated a dairy farm in Cape Girardeau County. Later he was employed by Brase Inc., retiring in 1984.
He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and was an usher at the church.
Survivors include a daughter, Janet (Jim) Ryan of Macon, Mo.; two sons, Douglas (Donna) Niemeier, and Michael Niemeier of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by parents and a sister, Edna Jansen.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Trinity Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Douglas C. Breite officiating.
Burial will follow at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Trinity Lutheran Church Living Hope.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.