- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)3
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)4
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
ORAN, Mo. -- Gene Tunis Young, 71, of Oran died July 20, 2009, at his home.
He was born Jan. 28, 1938, in East Prairie, Mo., to John Tunis and Jennie Myrtle Baldwin Young. He and Shirley Ann Hurst were married Feb. 14, 1999, in Charleston, Mo.
He worked for Local 282 for 22 years and worked locally in farming until he became ill. He was a member of the First Baptist Church of Blodgett, Mo.
Survivors include his wife, Shirley Young; three sons, Jim (Cindy) Roberts of Mount Vernon, Mo., Tony (Pam) Young of Blodgett, and Steve (Laura) Young of Jackson; two daughters, Sheila Bollinger and Beverly (David) Felter of Benton, Mo.; three stepdaughters, Jeannine (Scott) Stause of Oran, Debra (Brian) Frala of Arnold, Mo., Kimberly (Bill) Crump of Scott City; a brother, Charles Young of Pekin, Ill.; two sisters, Irene Thrasher of Cadiz, Ky., and Lilly Kunz of New Berlin, Ill.; 14 grandchildren, James Roberts, Lori Shepard, Marsha Bollinger, J.R. Bollinger, Jobi Berry, Jordan Felter, Levi Felter, Gabriel Felter, Misti Myrick, Beth Kern, Kaine Housholder, Decota Reeder, Cameron Young and Chloe Young; 12 stepgrandchildren, Steven Mock, Teshia Stause, Nicholas Cooper, Austin Stause, Brianna Stause, Victoria Senciboy, Demaris Frala, Ryan Frala, Lanny Frala, Noah Crump, Paige Crump and Blake Crump; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father, mother and one brother, Morris Young.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Chapel in Benton.
Service will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Kenneth Bollinger officiating. Burial will be at Forest Hills Memorial Cemetery in Morley, Mo.