- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Janet Jones, 48, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, July 19, 2009, at Fountainbleau Lodge following a long battle with cancer.
She was born March 11, 1961, in Alexander County, Ill., daughter of Fred H. and Pauline (Robison) Jones.
Janet had worked for Drury Lodge in Cape Girardeau for many years before her illness. She was an avid Cardinals fan.
Survivors include her mother, Pauline Jones of Cape Girardeau; her life partner, Lisa Lange of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Gary (Kay) Jones of Scott City and Larry (Trina) Jones of Olive Branch, Ill.; a sister, Sandy (Kevin) Schemel of Perryville, Mo.; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her father; a sister, Marilyn Jacobs; and a nephew, Josh Schemel.
Visitation will be from 5 to 6 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
Funeral services for Janet Jones will be at 6 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home, with Diane Blaney officiating. Interment will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes, Ill.
Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society or to Hope Lodge and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.