- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
Random Act of Kindness
I was in Cape Saturday and made a trip to Wal Mart....When I returned to my car I found a note and a small package on my windshield. I am a Breast Cancer Survivor and I have one of the license plates..Inside the package was a note from a LaVerne ( no last name) who saw my plate and just wanted to let me know I was not alone. She left me a beautiful bracelet and a pink ribbon pin...LaVerne I hope you read this because I just wanted to say how much you touched my heart. This random act of kindness was so touching and unexpected.....
There are still some thoughtful and kind people in this world.