- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Random Act of Kindness
I was in Cape Saturday and made a trip to Wal Mart....When I returned to my car I found a note and a small package on my windshield. I am a Breast Cancer Survivor and I have one of the license plates..Inside the package was a note from a LaVerne ( no last name) who saw my plate and just wanted to let me know I was not alone. She left me a beautiful bracelet and a pink ribbon pin...LaVerne I hope you read this because I just wanted to say how much you touched my heart. This random act of kindness was so touching and unexpected.....
There are still some thoughtful and kind people in this world.