- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Random Act of Kindness
I was in Cape Saturday and made a trip to Wal Mart....When I returned to my car I found a note and a small package on my windshield. I am a Breast Cancer Survivor and I have one of the license plates..Inside the package was a note from a LaVerne ( no last name) who saw my plate and just wanted to let me know I was not alone. She left me a beautiful bracelet and a pink ribbon pin...LaVerne I hope you read this because I just wanted to say how much you touched my heart. This random act of kindness was so touching and unexpected.....
There are still some thoughtful and kind people in this world.