- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Janet Jones, 48, of Cape Girardeau died at midnight Sunday, July 19, 2009, at Fountainbleau Lodge following a long battle with cancer.
She was born March 11, 1961, in Alexander County, Ill., daughter of Fred H. and Pauline Robison Jones.
Janet had worked for Drury Lodge in Cape Girardeau for many years prior to her illness. She was an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan.
Survivors include her mother, Pauline Jones of Cape Girardeau; her life partner, Lisa Lange of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Gary (Kay) Jones of Scott City and Larry (Trina) Jones of Olive Branch, Ill.; a sister, Sandy (Kevin) Schemel of Perryville, Mo.; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her father; a sister, Marilyn Jacobs; and a nephew, Josh Schemel.
Visitation will be from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Diane Blaney officiating. Interment will be in Rose Hill Cemetery in Thebes, Ill.