- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
John Rider, 84, of Wappapello, Mo., died Saturday, July 18, 2009, at St. Anthony's Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Thursday, Aug. 7, 1924, in Elvins, Mo., son of John W. and Mattie Jones Rider.
He and Dorothy Middendorff were married March 22, 1945, and she preceded him in death Oct. 21, 1965. He married Barbara Bergstrom in March 1968. On Dec. 23, 1982, he married Dona Holt.
He was a member of Pipefitters Local 562 and former vice president of Steamfitters Local 318 in Cape Girardeau and a U.S. Army veteran who served during World War II.
Rider attended Westwood Baptist Church in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
Survivors include his wife, Dona Rider, of Wappapello; four sons, Wes (Peggy) Rider of St. Peters, Mo., Stan Rider of Cedar Hill, Mo., Bruce (Cathy) Rider of Poplar Bluff, Gene (Varkay) Rider of Wappapello; three daughters, Yvonne (Mike) Griffith of Sedgewickville, Mo., Janice (Chuck) Cobb of Wappappello, and Cona (Dub) Dillinger of Wappapello; two brothers, Willard Rider of Festus, Mo., and Thedford (Mildred) Rider of De Soto, Mo.; and a sister, Norma (Ralph) McFarland of Festus.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Steve Proctor officiating.
Burial will be at Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau with full military rites by the Missouri Honors Team.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.