- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Kathleen A. Gibbar, 72, of Jackson passed away Saturday, July 18, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born June 11, 1937, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of John and Jeanette Goza Kuehn Sr. She and Kenneth Gibbar Sr. were married March 26, 1954.
She was a member of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson and St Ann's Sodality. She owned and operated Little People Daycare in Jackson.
Loving survivors include her husband, Kenneth Gibbar Sr. of Jackson; four daughters, Mary Herndon, Debra (David) Bollinger, Barbara Gibbar and Peggy Spooler, all of Jackson; and a son, Kenneth Gibbar Jr. of Jackson.
Also surviving are three brothers, John Jr. and Jim Kuehn of Cape Girardeau, Tom Kuehn of Fruitland; eight grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, an infant son, five sisters and three brothers.
Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. Parish prayers will begin at 7 p.m. followed by a rosary service.
A private funeral service will be held Tuesday, with Deacon Walt Biri officiating.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to St Jude Children's Research Hospital, American Heart Association or American Diabetes Association.