- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Mrs. Geneva Rhodes, age 95, of Wolf Lake, Ill., passed away at 7:45 a.m. Saturday, July 18, 2009, at Jonesboro Healthcare and Rehab Center in Jonesboro.
She was born Oct. 21, 1913, in Alto Pass, Ill., the daughter of Walter Allen and America Elizabeth Minton Bridgeman. She married Ray T. Rhodes on April 17, 1931, in Jonesboro. He preceded her in death Oct. 27, 1986.
Geneva is survived by three children, Dale (Joan) Rhodes of Ziegler, Ill., Sherry (Gary) Rendleman of Wolf Lake, and Lane (Lu) Rhodes of Wolf Lake; seven grandchildren, Rhoda (Phil) Champley, Lesa (Steve) Joiner, Gretchen (Robb) Brodie, Rob (Jessica) Rendleman, Stephanie Rhodes, Kevin (Darcy) Rhodes, Felicia (Jason) Gale; 11 great-grandchildren, Erin Joiner, Kelsey and Kord Champley, Mackenzie and Ashton Dorris, Cooper Brodie, Jackson Rendleman, and Toby and Mollie Gale, Tyrus and Jonas Rhodes; other relatives; and many friends.
Geneva was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Ray T. Rhodes; a daughter, Beverly Rhodes in 1953; six brothers and five sisters.
Geneva was a member of Beech Grove Baptist Church near Wolf Lake.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until the funeral hour Tuesday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna, Ill.
Funeral services for Mrs. Geneva Rhodes will be at noon Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Stephanie Voss officiating.
Interment will be in the Jonesboro Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Beech Grove Baptist Church or TIP Hospice. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.