- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Mrs. Geneva Rhodes, age 95, of Wolf Lake, Ill., passed away at 7:45 a.m. Saturday, July 18, 2009, at Jonesboro Healthcare and Rehab Center in Jonesboro.
She was born Oct. 21, 1913, in Alto Pass, Ill., the daughter of Walter Allen and America Elizabeth Minton Bridgeman. She married Ray T. Rhodes on April 17, 1931, in Jonesboro. He preceded her in death Oct. 27, 1986.
Geneva is survived by three children, Dale (Joan) Rhodes of Ziegler, Ill., Sherry (Gary) Rendleman of Wolf Lake, and Lane (Lu) Rhodes of Wolf Lake; seven grandchildren, Rhoda (Phil) Champley, Lesa (Steve) Joiner, Gretchen (Robb) Brodie, Rob (Jessica) Rendleman, Stephanie Rhodes, Kevin (Darcy) Rhodes, Felicia (Jason) Gale; nine great-grandchildren, Erin Joiner, Kelsey and Kord Champley, Mackenzie and Ashton Dorris, Cooper Brodie, Jackson Rendleman, and Toby and Mollie Gale; other relatives; and many friends.
Geneva was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Ray T. Rhodes; a daughter, Beverly Rhodes in 1953; six brothers and five sisters.
Geneva was a member of Beech Grove Baptist Church near Wolf Lake.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until the funeral hour Tuesday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna, Ill.
Funeral services for Mrs. Geneva Rhodes will be at noon Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Stephanie Voss officiating.
Interment will be in the Jonesboro Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Beech Grove Baptist Church or TIP Hospice. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.