- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Juanita Kern, 92, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, July 16, 2009, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born March 10, 1917, in Scott County, Mo., to John and Bertha Bles Dumey. She married Alvis Kern on Sept. 21, 1942. He preceded her in death in October 1973.
Kern was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and the Catholic Women's Council. She was a cook at a school many years.
Survivors include two sons, Larry (Debbie) Kern of Cape Girardeau, Alan (Connie) Kern of St. Louis; two grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; three sisters, Kathryn Todt and Mary Paylor of Sikeston, Mo., Erma Grojean of New Hamburg, Mo.; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; three brothers, Marvin, James and Fred Dumey; three sisters, Augusta Dohogne, Arvella Steimle and Hermina Compas.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Parish prayers will be at 6.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Old St. Vincent's Catholic Church, with the Rev. Patrick Nwokoye officiating. Interment will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to St. Mary's Cathedral Building Fund and will be accepted at the funeral home and the church.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.