- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Ruth Mathis, 65, of Villa Ridge died Saturday, Jan. 29, 2005, at Diehlstadt, Mo.
She was born Oct. 7, 1939, in Graves County, Ky., daughter of James and Opal Rushing.
Mathis was a retired cook and member of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Survivors include a sister, LaVerne Johnson of Mound City, Ill.; and nieces and nephews she raised, April Tribout of Vienna, Ill., Roger Tribout of Anna and Kenny Tribout of Diehlstadt.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
There is no visitation or funeral. A private memorial service will be held at a later date.
Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City is in charge of arrangements.