- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Ruth Mathis, 65, of Villa Ridge died Saturday, Jan. 29, 2005, at Diehlstadt, Mo.
She was born Oct. 7, 1939, in Graves County, Ky., daughter of James and Opal Rushing.
Mathis was a retired cook and member of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Survivors include a sister, LaVerne Johnson of Mound City, Ill.; and nieces and nephews she raised, April Tribout of Vienna, Ill., Roger Tribout of Anna and Kenny Tribout of Diehlstadt.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
There is no visitation or funeral. A private memorial service will be held at a later date.
Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City is in charge of arrangements.