- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
James Owens Sr.
James Edward Owens Sr., 80, of Whitewater died Monday, Jan. 31, 2005, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
He was born March 14, 1924, in Fort Worth, Texas, son of Edgar Layetta and Cora Mae Reason Owens. He and Doris Mae Heilmann were married June 5, 1943.
Owens retired as a section foreman with Burlington Northern Railroad Co. in Memphis, Tenn. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, James Owens Jr. of Chaffee, Jack Owens of Southaven, Miss.; two brothers, Alvie Owens and Eddie Williams of Escalon, Calif.; three sisters, Cora Griggs and Darlene Largent of Oakdale, Calif., Joyce Waite of Sullivan, Wis.; three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son and two sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Eric Hodge officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.