- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Verda M. Cooper, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 30, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 28, 1909, at Senath, Mo., daughter of William and Mary Hedge Dunivan. She and Homer Cooper were married Sept. 4, 1933, in Jonesboro, Ill. He died March 31, 2002.
Mrs. Cooper was a member of First Baptist Church and Beta Sigma Phi sorority.
Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Doris Lee and Andy Anderson of Fort Myers, Fla.; a daughter-in-law, Shirley Cooper of Marble Hill, Mo.; a sister, Francis Seifert of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Ginger Weber of Fort Myers, Bill Anderson of Tampa, Fla., Kevin Cooper of Marble Hill; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, four brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Thomas Bass officiating. Burial will be in Old Jackson City Cemetery at Jackson.