- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Velda M. Haertling, 71, of Perryville died Friday, July 17, 2009, at her home.
She was born July 6, 1938, in Perryville, daughter of Rudolph and Anna Fluegel Gerringer. She married Wesley J. Haertling, who preceded her in death Dec. 28, 1998.
Haertling was a licensed practical nurse at Perry County Memorial Hospital. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church and Red Hat Society, and collected antiques.
Survivors include three sons, Jeffrey Bonita Haertling, Timothy Haertling and Gregory (Sandra) Haertling, all of Perryville; four grandchildren, Amanda (Creston) Moore of Cape Girardeau, Jamie, Dominic and Kelley Haertling, all of Perryville; three stepgrandchildren, Michael (Kathrin) Birchler of Carbondale, Ill., Brian and Jessica Birchler of Perryville.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and stepmother, Emma Ruessler Gerringer.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday and 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Immanuel Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Matthew Marks officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred to Immanuel Radio Broadcast Fund.