- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Bernice I. Rohde, 87, of Friedheim passed away Wednesday, July 15, 2009, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 11, 1922, in Wittenberg, Mo., daughter of Louis and Louise Lottes Boehme. She and Rudolph "Tom" Wilkens were married April 9, 1944, in the Lutheran Church at Wittenberg. He passed away March 31, 1969. She then married Adolph Rohde Oct. 20, 1973, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Shawneetown. He passed away May 27, 1990.
Bernice worked at the former Jackson Shoe Factory for a number of years, the Mirly Dairy Farm north of Fruitland, and did housekeeping for various families in Jackson, ending in 1973. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Friedheim since 1973.
Loving survivors include a stepson, Cletus (Mary) Rohde of Friedheim; two stepdaughters, Elfrieda (Gene) Petzoldt of Jackson, Diane (Lowell) Mangels of Friedheim; a sister-in-law, Iola Boehme of Bedford, Ind.; six stepgrandchildren; and six great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson and from 9 a.m. to service time Saturday at Trinity Lutheran Church in Friedheim.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Roger Steinbrueck officiating. Interment will follow in Trinity Church Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Trinity Lutheran Church in Friedheim or the church or charity of your choice.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.