- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BLODGETT, Mo. -- Nellie Anna Lambert, 89, formerly of Blodgett, died Sunday, Jan. 30, 2005, at Clearview Nursing Center.
She was born Jan. 1, 1916, at Blodgett, daughter of John and Nettie Cauthorn Boston. She and Jesse Morgan Lambert were married Feb. 5, 1932, in New Madrid, Mo. He died Oct. 12, 1994.
Lambert had been a cook at Kelly High School, and worked in food service 10 years with the University of Missouri Extension program. She was a member of Vanduser Church of Christ.
Survivors include three sons, Jesse "Buddy" Lambert of Columbia, Ill., Norman Ray Lambert of Sikeston, Steve Lambert of Jefferson City, Mo.; two daughters, Nancy Childers of Fruitland, Pam Scherer of Jefferson City; 23 grandchildren; and 31 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, four brothers and five sisters.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel, with Dan Richardson officiating. Burial will be in Blodgett Cemetery.