- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Blanche M. Norris, 100, of Anna, formerly of DuQuoin, Ill., died Sunday, Jan. 30, 2005, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
She was born on Dec. 6, 1904, in DuQuoin, daughter of the late Hardin Harrison and Eva Furlow. She married John Walston Norris on July 8, 1922, at DuQuoin. He preceded her in death on March 19, 1980.
Norris was a member of the First Baptist Church in Anna. She worked at Marshall Browning Hospital in DuQuoin in the dietary department for many years.
Survivors include seven children, John Norris of St. Louis, Mo., Mary Laughmiller of Mount Vernon, Ill., Doris Woolsey of St. Louis, M. Harrison Norris of Energy, Ill., Carol Kroeger of Anna and Robert "Bob" Norris of Murphysboro, Ill., Norma Jean Grogg of St. Louis; 15 grandchildren; 32 great-grandchildren and 18 great-great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, three brothers, three sisters and one grandson.
Friends may call at the Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 11 a.m. Wednesday until the time of service.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tim Sadler and John Casper officiating. Burial will be in the Old DuQuoin Cemetery in DuQuoin.