- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BERTRAND, Mo. -- Monty Doyle George, 41, of Bertrand died Saturday, Jan. 29, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 14, 1963, in Charleston, Mo., son of Doyle and Delores Ann Groves George.
George was employed in maintenance at TA Truck Co. in Matthews, Mo.
Survivors include two daughters, Mary Beth Goad of Benton, Mo., Amanda George of East Prairie, Mo.; his father of Durham, N.C.; a brother, Rocky Allcock of Bertrand; and a sister, Sherma Peters of Mena, Ark.
He was preceded in death by his mother and a son.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston from noon until time of service Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery near Charleston.