- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Warren V. Hileman, 103, of Jonesboro died Sunday, Jan. 30, 2005, at the Illinois Veterans Home in Anna.
He was born Sept. 29, 1901, in Anna, son of Aaron and Alvenia McIntire Hileman. He and Mae Elizabeth Hileman were married June 20, 1923, in Tuscola, Ill. She died June 24, 1989.
Hileman worked in security at the Veterans Administration Hospital in North Chicago. He attended Big Creek Baptist Church. He was a life member of Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War I. He served with the American Expeditionary Force in Siberia from September 1919 to March 1920. His service in Russia entitled Hileman to receive the World War I Victory Medal, which was presented by Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs Director Roy I. Dolgos, after he moved to the veterans home in 1995.
Survivors include a daughter, Janet Hardin of Anna; a half sister, Nina Davidson of Anna; two grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Revs. James Hardway and LaRue Parr officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery, with full military rites by VFW Post 3455.