- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Elsie Gladys Matlock Durham, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 30, 2005, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was the daughter of James W. and Ella Mae Rudluff Matlock.
Mrs. Durham had worked as a housekeeper at Southeast Missouri Hospital. She was of the Methodist belief.
Survivors include a daughter, Glenda Durham Scheper and husband Bob of Jackson; a son, Mike Durham and wife Diane of Jackson; four sisters, Rose Durham of Cape Girardeau, Sue Clingingsmith and husband Don of Sedgewickville, Mo., Louise Ring and husband John of LeClaire, Iowa, JoAnn Harris and husband Gene of Mount Vernon, Ill.; two brothers, Gary Matlock and wife Patty of Gordonville, James W. Matlock Jr. and wife Gerri of Oil City, Pa.; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
Arrangements are being handled by Ford and Sons Funeral Home, 1001 N. Mount Auburn Road, Cape Girardeau, where the family will receive friends from 3:30 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at the funeral home at 1 p.m. Wednesday, with the Rev. Brad Moore officiating. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery at Dongola, Ill.