- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Laura Virginia Adams, 94, died Saturday, July 11, 2009, at Jones-Harrison in Minneapolis.
She was born July 30, 1914, in Montgomery City, Mo.
Adams was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and a longtime resident of Cape Girardeau. For the past six years she has resided in the Minneapolis area.
Survivors include a daughter, Constance Sue Sommers, and a granddaughter, Whitney Karma Sommers, both of the Minneapolis area; a nephew, Michael Black of Denver; a niece, Lisa Ann Schwandt; and a grandniece, Lauren Louise Schwandt of Osage Beach, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 45 years, Simeon E. Adams; a sister, Ann Burton; and three brothers, Joseph, Bernard and Bobby Black.
Funeral arrangements in Cape Girardeau will be announced at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital or The Cancer Society.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home.