- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Willis Dodd Jr.
Willis Truman "Junior" Dodd, 74, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, July 10, 2009, at Jackson Manor in Jackson.
He was born Dec. 20, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, son of Truman and Ruby Stout Dodd. He married Wilma Fay Sweet in June 1954 in Manila, Ark. She preceded him in death.
Dodd formerly owned Dodd's Delicious Donuts in Bakersfield, Calif.
Survivors include a daughter, Michelle Hemple; a son, Rick Dodd of Porterville, Calif.; a brother, Truman Dodd of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Rita Estep of St. Clair, Mo.; a grandchild; nephews and nieces, Jamie and Sandy Dodd, with whom Mr. Dodd had been living, and Ed and Marilyn Dodd, all of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, two brothers and two sisters.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Elks Lodge in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. David McNeely officiating.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.