- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
John H. Miller, 63, of Jackson died Monday, July 13, 2009, at his home.
He was born June 26, 1946, in Wardell, Mo., son of John Harvey and Olla Dean Lackey Miller. He and Sharon Cotner were married Jan. 14, 1967, in Marston, Mo.
Miller was a recruiter with the U.S. Army. He served in the Vietnam War from 1964 to 1967. He continued to serve in the Army National Guard until retiring in 2001.
Survivors include his wife; his father of Portageville, Mo.; a son, John William Miller of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Gretchen Leah Morse and husband Kevin of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Allen Miller of Sikeston, Mo., Paul Dean Miller of Marston; two sisters, Ann Fennell of Portageville, Betty Reed of Hayti, Mo.; and two grandchildren, Taylor Jean Morse and Joshua Levi Morse.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
The family will receive friends from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield with full military honors conducted by Missouri Honor Team.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.