- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Natural climate trends
Alan Journet recently tried to debunk any other findings or opinions regarding the so-called global-warming scare being pushed by Al Gore.
Accurate history records show a pattern of warming and cooling, not just a total warming trend. Mankind's input to the warming or cooling of the earth is a tiny fraction of continuing natural changes.
If Mr. Journet would research temperatures from the first recordings, he would find various temperatures equal to or exceeding the present readings. A good example to look at is the early 1930s. We would suggest Mr. Journet stay with the many other areas in which he considers himself to be an expert.
We would further suggest he look up the definition of the word "crock," which he uses. According to Webster's dictionary, "crock" is defined as a thick earthenware pot or jar. If Mr. Journet used the word as a slang or derogatory word, it would seem to us he needs to improve his education or his manners.
JACK L. HURT, Advance, Mo.