- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Natural climate trends
Alan Journet recently tried to debunk any other findings or opinions regarding the so-called global-warming scare being pushed by Al Gore.
Accurate history records show a pattern of warming and cooling, not just a total warming trend. Mankind's input to the warming or cooling of the earth is a tiny fraction of continuing natural changes.
If Mr. Journet would research temperatures from the first recordings, he would find various temperatures equal to or exceeding the present readings. A good example to look at is the early 1930s. We would suggest Mr. Journet stay with the many other areas in which he considers himself to be an expert.
We would further suggest he look up the definition of the word "crock," which he uses. According to Webster's dictionary, "crock" is defined as a thick earthenware pot or jar. If Mr. Journet used the word as a slang or derogatory word, it would seem to us he needs to improve his education or his manners.
JACK L. HURT, Advance, Mo.