- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)4
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Natural climate trends
Alan Journet recently tried to debunk any other findings or opinions regarding the so-called global-warming scare being pushed by Al Gore.
Accurate history records show a pattern of warming and cooling, not just a total warming trend. Mankind's input to the warming or cooling of the earth is a tiny fraction of continuing natural changes.
If Mr. Journet would research temperatures from the first recordings, he would find various temperatures equal to or exceeding the present readings. A good example to look at is the early 1930s. We would suggest Mr. Journet stay with the many other areas in which he considers himself to be an expert.
We would further suggest he look up the definition of the word "crock," which he uses. According to Webster's dictionary, "crock" is defined as a thick earthenware pot or jar. If Mr. Journet used the word as a slang or derogatory word, it would seem to us he needs to improve his education or his manners.
JACK L. HURT, Advance, Mo.