- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Natural climate trends
Alan Journet recently tried to debunk any other findings or opinions regarding the so-called global-warming scare being pushed by Al Gore.
Accurate history records show a pattern of warming and cooling, not just a total warming trend. Mankind's input to the warming or cooling of the earth is a tiny fraction of continuing natural changes.
If Mr. Journet would research temperatures from the first recordings, he would find various temperatures equal to or exceeding the present readings. A good example to look at is the early 1930s. We would suggest Mr. Journet stay with the many other areas in which he considers himself to be an expert.
We would further suggest he look up the definition of the word "crock," which he uses. According to Webster's dictionary, "crock" is defined as a thick earthenware pot or jar. If Mr. Journet used the word as a slang or derogatory word, it would seem to us he needs to improve his education or his manners.
JACK L. HURT, Advance, Mo.