- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Natural climate trends
Alan Journet recently tried to debunk any other findings or opinions regarding the so-called global-warming scare being pushed by Al Gore.
Accurate history records show a pattern of warming and cooling, not just a total warming trend. Mankind's input to the warming or cooling of the earth is a tiny fraction of continuing natural changes.
If Mr. Journet would research temperatures from the first recordings, he would find various temperatures equal to or exceeding the present readings. A good example to look at is the early 1930s. We would suggest Mr. Journet stay with the many other areas in which he considers himself to be an expert.
We would further suggest he look up the definition of the word "crock," which he uses. According to Webster's dictionary, "crock" is defined as a thick earthenware pot or jar. If Mr. Journet used the word as a slang or derogatory word, it would seem to us he needs to improve his education or his manners.
JACK L. HURT, Advance, Mo.