- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Phyllis Marie Edwards, 77, of Fort Myers died Monday, June 8, 2009, at Hope Hospice in Fort Myers.
She was born Nov. 23, 1931, in St. Louis, daughter of Phil and Elma Sanders Rupp.
A resident of Fort Myers the past 12 years, she previously lived in Cape Girardeau 44 years. She was a member of PEO Chapter GF, First Baptist Church, and volunteered at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was the wife of the late Ralph Edwards, who died in 1992 after 39 years of marriage.
She is survived by her children, Michael Edwards of Cape Girardeau and Judi (Gary) Johnson of Cape Coral, Fla.; grandchildren, Myles and Morghan Edwards of Cape Girardeau; and a sister, Loraine Farson of St. Louis.
She was also preceded in death by her companion, Richard Wirges, who died April 12, 2009.
A memorial service will be held at 4 p.m. Thursday at Centenary United Methodist Church.
Friends may contact the family for details or visit www.dignifiedcremations.com, where they may also sign the guest book for the family.
Horizon Funeral Home in Fort Myers handled the arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be sent to Hope Hospice, 9470 HealthPark Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33908.